Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Love, Justice, and Humility...

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Just - 
based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair

Mercy - 
compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm - an event to be grateful for, esp. because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides relief from suffering

Humble 
having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance or dignity


How can I incorporate this into my life...
hmmm...

... check list! 

_  know the difference of right and wrong and choose the 'right' more then I choose the wrong
_  love people and show them compassion even when they don't 'deserve it'
_  forgive!
_  remind myself how great He is 
_  think about where I've come from and where He can bring me
_  keep walking forward & listen to what I should/shouldn't be doing &, or saying
_  PRAY
_  read more to be encouraged and inspired 

I know this will be a daily checklist and I may never get them all done on a given day but I know if I pursue this, it'll be good for me, the people around me...and so much more. 


haha I just read this version...

Micah 6:8 (The Message)

But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously
take God seriously.

No comments: