Thursday, January 29, 2009

25+ Things about me

1. I was born in California. Moved to The Philippines, England, Washington State and then settled on Long Island. (My dad was in the Air Force)

2. I played the clarinet in hopes of one day playing the saxophone.
We moved again and I never continued because I believed that I was too behind some of the people in my new school that played for years. I never learned how to read music. (just letters) I did take 2 years of music theory...and learned more then I actually thought looking back. I still can't read music... : )

3. I've always loved singing. I used to have a tape/microphone and sing "The Greatest Love of All" - Whitney Houston, "Pretty Woman" -Roy Orbinson "Crazy" -Patsy Cline and "You've Gotta Friend" - James Taylor. I sing a bunch of songs by Boyz II Men songs and Dru Hill's 5 Steps in the Shower to this day. I used to sing in front of people openly...but then went through stuff and the shame got to me...I'm finally breaking out of my shell again.
I still would LOVE voice lessons! (hint hint for any upcoming holidays haha)

4. I've never gotten drunk...but only due to the fact that I can't drink anything besides water and an occasional sprite (and hot chocolate in the winter) without my stomach turning.

5. I too used to smoke pot and liked it. Sometimes I wish I could escape via drinking or drugs but know that it would do more harm then help. (Plus I have a long family history of substance abuse)....so I turn to food and boy do I love it. hahaha

6. I've always loved eating...I just played field hockey, lacrosse, crew, rode my bike and walked all around Long Island....so I never had weight issues until after Joshua was born.
I like to exercise I just have to push myself to actually do it.

7. I have an adventurous side that people rarely see. I like to jump off walls literally down the streets of NYC. I wanted to go to this extreme photography school that you jump out of planes and take pictures.

8. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up besides being a wife and mother. It was overwhelming in high school not having direction but knowing that college was expected of me. (That's why I looked into photography schools...because at least I like taking pictures)

9. I dropped College Spanish in high school and took 3 cooking classes instead.
I looooove cooking! And trying new recipes. I criticize my food more then I should.
And love when I find a really delicious recipe that I will use over and over.

10. I like listening to people. And trying to help as much as I can.
I have a special place in my heart for teenage girls because I know what I went through and how hard it was for me. I struggled with bulimia and self mutilation for a short period of time. Dealing with my self-hatred and Just wanting to feel accepted. But I had supportive family, friends and ultimately Jesus that I confided in so I wouldn't make a lifestyle of it.
I know that accountability is so important.

11. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast...mostly because of the music.

12. I never wore much jewelry until I started selling Lia Sophia and now I LOVE it!

13. I like shopping at the 75% off section. I love getting really nice things for around $3-$5!

14. I had a miscarriage right before Caleb and that was really hard. It's amazing how I don't feel like I did back then. I once said I wanted 6 boys...I'm half way there. But now I'm not so sure hahaha. Tim wants a semi-large family... We're taking a break for now (the beauty of the IUD!) Who knows how many we'll have...we still have a lifetime ahead of us for more kids.
I would like to have a girl but I wouldn't be devastated if we didn't. (I'm actually a little nervous about raising one)

15. I don't mind washing and folding clothes...it's the putting away that I have a hard time following through with.

16. I get excited when I walk into Staples. It's that organized person in me...even though you would NEVER see that based on my home now.

17. I love Mangoes.

18. I would love to really learn to play the piano...but that means I'd have to follow through and learn to read music doesn't it....

19. I hated moving because we did so much when I was younger so I'm really happy we own a house. (like a home base) But I wouldn't mind traveling and even moving eventually. I know we won't be on Long Island forever.

20. I like making up really random silly songs and singing them to my kids.
"The cow goes moo, the cow goes moo, we go poo poo in the pottttty"
"dance baby dance, you are a dancer, dance baby dance, you love to dance"

Tim does the same : )
"one, boy, two boys, three boys that I love,
one boy, two boys, three boys that are fun,
one boy, two boys, three boys that I love,
boy oh boy do I looooove them"
Yea I know his are a bit more put together haha.

21. I sleep in my clothes...and rarely in PJs. And sometimes when I know we're going to have a really crazy morning, I'll take a shower right before bed and get dressed for the next day so I can just roll out of bed and get the day rolling fast. (I used to do that back in high school some days as well)....I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!!

22. My fondest memory of church is when we lived in Washington State at Puget Sound Christian Center and I went to "Caraway Street" - sort of like Sesame Street. With puppets and actors all dressed up. We learned verses and won prizes. It was a lot of fun. That was also the church that I first experienced God in a very real way. (around 9 years old)

23. I'm really happy we moved to NY because if we didn't I wouldn't have Tim in my life.
And I know that he is God's 1st choice for me.

24. I used to love animals, wanting to be a zoologist, marine biologist, or vet back in elementary school...I think I just liked saying the first two because I sounded smart. But I "decided" I could never put an animal to sleep so I didn't want to be those anymore...
I had cats growing up and one dog...but he destroyed all of my stuff...so now I'm not too fond of animals. I have too much responsibility right now. Tim wants a dog...but Joshua's allergic and,...I don't know - I like looking at them in Pet Stores but I don't have the desire to bring it into our home. (I must admit that every now and then I almost cave in because they are really cute)

25. I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. And that I'm not doing enough.
It's not fun and I hope to fully break out of that mindset.

Ahhhh I'm DONE!

No comments: