Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I want to love like that

Do as God does. After all, you are his dear children.
Let love be your guide. Christ loved us and offered his life for us as a sacrifice that pleases God.
Ephesians 5:1-2

Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.

God loves me and most of the time I don't think about it. I know it in my head because I've heard it a thousand times. "Jesus loves you" I've said it to others as well. But do I realllly know how deep His love is? No I don't. If I did then I wouldn't feel the way I feel right now. I wouldn't be looking for comfort in people and things. I'd be content and in rest. I wouldn't be worried about all the things going wrong around me. The greatest of these really is love because it's so so very important! I know it but I don't know it. 
God loves me. He sent His only son to take on the pain and hurt, the bad things and consequences that I do and have to face. 
I don't know if I could give up Joshua (or Caleb or Evan) to be beaten and mocked to save a bunch of other people that may or may not even care about me. That love is deep. 
Do you love someone that couldn't care less about you or doesn't view you as valuable as you view them? If not now, have you ever? I know I have. It hurts so much. Words can't even describe the rejection and pain felt. God loves me that much. He doesn't care how much we hurt Him, how much we reject Him. How many times we push Him away and ignore Him. He is just waiting for us. He's waiting for me to go to Him. 

How great is it to be in arms of someone who loves you. How comfortable is it when someone lavishes you with their words. Tells you you're special, there's no one in the world like you. 
Isn't is a nice feeling when someone tells you how much they love to be with you. 

How deep is His love? 
I still can't fathom it. Because as much as I know how I love it's even greater and deeper then that. It's overwhelming. I just want to stop what I'm doing and just say sorry for not giving God the time He deserves. He gave up His only son. So that we could live with Him forever. 

Just just think about how much Jesus loves us. He gave up His own life so we can live in Heaven after this life. I can imagine giving up my own life for the people I love. But I still would have a hard time sacrificing my life so people who will never acknowledge me. He;s sad about that but His love is so big and great that he gave up His life anyway. So all the times you hear "Jesus Loves You"...you can actually be like 'yea He really does'.  I know when you hear something over and over and over sometimes I can be like "yea, yea, yea...I've heard that before". It diminishes the words in a way. But it's still true. 

I gotta remind myself of this every single day because life gets busy and you don't think about the One who's thinking about you all day long. 

No comments: