Monday, January 26, 2009

...He will lift you up

James 4:10 [NIV}
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up.

I've heard this verse over and over. This is one of the ones where you hear and you can quote but you don't really listen to what it's saying anymore. Well today it hit me again.
It also helps when I look at the many different translations...

like The Message:

7-10 So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.

I usually don't like to be 'encouraged' in this way. Because some of it seems so harsh. I want to focus on the Love of God. But this shows the intensity in which to fight back. Things are not always going to go the way you think. Things are not always going to be easy...they rarely are easy. I don't want to do anything out of guilt and obligation so I'm putting my foot down in those areas. But I do want to fulfill the purpose of my life and that involves getting my heart right. I want to live from the "inside out", like that Hillsong song.

This next season is going to be so interesting. I'm sad, and angry, but happy and excited all at the same time. I want God's will whatever that may be and I want to be faithful in how to get there. I want to take the steps required.

This week I'm focusing on Intimacy with God. It's so much easier to tell him everything wrong and what I want him to fix. (which is part of the friendship) but to get cozy and hear His heart for me and open mine up to His...that's priceless and so important. I trust God has everything under control but am willing to go where He leads.

I feel like I'm hanging on for the ride of my life.

No comments: