Sunday, October 21, 2012

33 Weeks

33 Weeks -
7 more weeks to Noelan's due date!

Baby's size: - Durian Fruit...whatever that is :)

Sleep: Not too bad

Mama's Growth: Nothing changed from last week.

Food cravings: I went through a day after having some of Joshua's ice cream cake that all I wanted was sugar again. I was in denial with the gestational diabetes because my numbers have been so low but it made it feel really real. It's been harder this week. I thought I was getting the swing of things and had a healthy lunch one day but didn't realize that I had tripled my carb allowance and I had a 135 reading when it should've been 130 or lower. I have to go back to measuring everything, looking at every label and even looking up the carbs in fruits and veggies. This is not fun.

Symptoms I have: My back pain has lessened in the beginning of the week but it came back full force towards the end. I also had a headache a few days ago that reminded me of when I had them all the time in the beginning of my pregnancy. It lasted for hours (at least 10+ even with tylenol) and I felt it from my eye sockets to my temples, my neck and shoulders....all on top of my lower back pain. Those areas still feel sore & tense days later.

Doctor’s Appointments:

Diabetes Counselor -
Next Appointment: will be linked up with my sonogram check ups and I have to start going once a week :(
Boo that $40 co payment!!
Today's Appointment: She was happy with my numbers throughout the day but my fasting numbers haven't been good. She said I need to definitely exercise every day even if its walking in place for 1/2 hour in the living room and see what happens this week with my fasting numbers in the morning.

Sono/Dr. El Kady -
Next Appointment: 11/15
Today's Appointment: She said that everything was looking great. He's not too big right now, measuring right on track at around 4lbs! :) I had a 4D sonogram for the first time today and it was beautiful! I kept giggling which kept messing up the picture on the screen because it would move my belly. I saw him smile and move his hands. I loved it!
Dr. El Kady went over my glucose readings the past week and a half & she said if nothing changes with my morning fasting readings then I need to start shooting insulin before bed or take a pill :( but if I do the pill then some goes to the baby so I def don't want to do that. I'm so ready for him to just come out now with all these things stressing me out...(which is another thing that can raise glucose levels haha) but he still has more growing to do so I'm going to do everything I can to keep him healthy and growing strong until it's time.

Dr. Foehr -
Next Appointment: 11/20
Today's Appointment: Again, everything was looking great, belly measurement, urine, blood pressure, Noelan's heartbeat, & the sonogram results that they had just faxed over to him from early this morning at the perfect time. He encouraged me to do the exercise and said only 15% of people who do what they need to do will still have to be put on insulin and not to worry or stress out.


Movement: Even during the sono he was spinning around and moving his arms and legs but he's head down (for now anyway)

Gender: Baby BOY!!! :)

Names: Noelan Chase

What I’m looking forward to: Family Filled weekend ahead! And Thanksgiving just around the corner :)

What I miss: NOT carb counting

Events of the week: We stayed home and inside the majority of the week because of the craziness of hurricane Sandy. It was much more safe that way with the power lines down, street lights out and just stressed & intense people driving on the roads (especially during the weekend when there was a shortage of gas and 3+hour long waits for gas stations that had enough) The boys ended up having a full week off (and then some) of school so we just hung out. We headed to the outlets with Laura and Lila on Wednesday but most of the stores ran out of candy by the time we got there. We then headed to her apartment complex and the kids hit the jackpot on candy and even little toys (like cars and glow sticks) They had a great time & I got my walking in. We didn't do anything for Joshua's birthday (especially because we were trying to conserve gas) so he made YouTube videos and I made him some of his favorite foods throughout the day. We sang & ate ice cream cake and he went to bed a lot earlier than usual. (He woke up the next day feeling under the weather) Tim started building the garden on the days he couldn't go into work. It's coming along nicely and should be complete just in time to plant at the end of winter. He only worked 2 days at the end of the week and on Saturday he went to help gut a house where there was flood damage. I used some of the indoor time to organize and find a place to put Noelan's things. I cleaned out the closet across from the bathroom as well. Jerzy & Dorothy came over to see Josh for his birthday Saturday evening and we ate pizza and talked for a little while. Sunday we hung out with Mary & the boys because unfortunely they still didn't have power or heat :( & Monday was another mellow day with the kids home from school. I did a little of my own "home schooling" with them for a couple of hours to break up the day. And then I had the 3 appointments this morning brought the boys to the park & voted all before 1pm! Pretty productive :) And I still have a full afternoon and evening ahead of me.

No comments: