Thursday, October 18, 2012

32 Weeks

32 Weeks -
8 more weeks to Noelan's due date!

Baby's size: - Squash

Sleep: I've been so tired this week so any sleep has felt good and I haven't gotten up too much during the night

Mama's Growth: I re-lost the 3 pounds AGAIN. I'm sure it's going to just keep fluctuating especially with the diet I'm on. I kept forgetting to measure my stomach the last few weeks but I did this week and I gained an inch from when I wrote it down around 10 weeks ago. I added the top to bottom measurement so I'll see how that changes as I near the end.

Food cravings: Not too much with the new diet plan surprisingly. It hasn't even felt like a diet although I would like to not have to think or count carbs. I don't feel deprived. BUT Chocolate would be amazing!

Symptoms I have: Same as usual

Doctor’s Appointments: I went to straighten out my insurance issues last Thursday morning and was able to see the diabetes counselor while I was there. She gave me a lot of information which I had pretty much learned from talking to my friend Lindsay the day before. It was nice knowing what to expect. When I went for my 3 hour glucose test my fasting glucose number was 103 which is above the 90 they wanted it. My 1 hour was over 200 which is not good at all and then the 2 & 3 hour went down but I still ended at 103. I've been put on a low carb, high protein diet. The counselor set me up with a test monitor and taught be how to check my glucose levels since I have to do it 4x a day: right when I get up, an hour after breakfast, lunch & dinner. I have to eat 3 small snacks a day also. The diet definitely seems doable because I had already been trying to be aware of what I was eating the majority of the time - I would just also have munchy days but I can't do that anymore. My breakfast & snacks have to be under 15-30 grams of carbs each meal & my lunch & dinner should be between 45-60 grams.

I was supposed to have my follow up appointment this morning but because of Hurricane Sandy, it got moved to next Tuesday morning

Dr. Foehr - Next Appointment is next Tuesday as well in the early afternoon 11/6.

Sono - My sono appointment got moved to next week as well.

I have to go back around 35-36 weeks for the non-stress test to follow up with the gestational diabetes.

Movement: Definitely a lot and as much as I love it and am still amazed, it can be painful especially when he's leaning on my bladder.

Gender: Baby BOY!!! :)

Names: Noelan Chase

What I’m looking forward to: Joshua's birthday on Friday, Jeremiah's birthday party, family in town in a couple of weeks, Thanksgiving...

What I miss: Not having to prick my finger 4x a day

Events of the week: Getting acquainted with my Accu-Chek and starting my eating plan. A bunch of appointments. I signed up Caleb for piano because he was the only one that was definitely sure he wanted to continue learning and putting the work into practicing. Evan said he'd rather have someone he knew teach him drums so I'll have to figure that out and Josh is on the fence on whether he wants to continue with voice lessons although each time he went he really enjoyed it. Sunday we had a harvest party at church and the boys had such a great time. We went for an early dinner at J&R steakhouse to celebrate Joshua's birthday early with my parents and Dan.
And of course, Hurricane Sandy. I can't even believe how crazy the damage was all over. I'm even more in awe that it seemed to pass over us. Definitely could be because of where we live but people we know down the block lost power and our neighbors lost their fence. The night before Caleb prayed so matter of factly: "since you control the universe, can You put a force field around our house from the storm" and I truly believe that was definitely part of our protection.


No comments: