Thursday, July 26, 2012

18 Weeks

18 Weeks

Baby's size: - Sweet Potato!!

Sleep: Late nights make me thankful that my kids sleep through the night and slept past 9am most mornings this week. I'm going to really really miss sleeping.

Mama's Growth: Since finding out I was pregnant in April I've gained 7.5 lbs already. The past few weeks of out of town family and typical NY food hasn't helped either. Hopefully it slows down the next few weeks as I get on a better & healthier eating schedule. I know towards the end of pregnancy it really packs on and I was already overweight. According to my chart I should only gain 15-25 pounds this pregnancy.

I actually lost a half an inch in my stomach area but gained a half inch in my waist. My stomach feels much firmer now.

Food cravings: No real cravings again but the most satisfying food this week was fruit. Any type! I love it on hot days!

Symptoms I have: This week was the first week I felt somewhat "normal" and like I was actually in my 2nd trimester. I didn't think I'd ever feel this way because of how crappy I was feeling the last few months.

Doctor’s Appointment:
Sono Aug 16th
Dr Foehr July 31st

Movement: Still no flutters :( A few more of those abrupt kick/pushing feeling but it's not consistent at all. Maybe another 2-3 times this week.

Gender: It's a BOY!!! :)

Names: Noelan Chase
Still thinking about the spelling but I think I like it

What I’m looking forward to: All the things I've been looking forward to have now past and that's sad :( But our FL road trip is still set so I can start counting down for that.

What I miss: My sister and she's not even officially out of NY yet! :(
I had a little meltdown Monday afternoon/early evening and Tim lovingly held me while I sobbed on him. I was thinking of all the changes that are going to happen in the next few months and the people that will not be local (including my sister) and even though everyone is still here I had to make the choice to enjoy the now moments instead of pulling away and feeling sad already. I think I was successful this week :) I'm glad I live in the times of phones & computers so I can hear people's voices and even see their faces miles and miles away.


1 comment:

Ginnie said...

brdappI really enjpy reading your posts, Candice. I hope you can work thru everything going on in your life without too much difficulty. Change is good even tjough it feels hard right now. Imiss my far away sistets too. You get used to it in time. Love and hugs for you.