Friday, May 11, 2012

3 BIG Brothers


Don't mind how horrible I am with recording these videos. The second one is a little better. I kept watching the boys and not where I was recording. We didn't know how they were going to respond so we softened the news with a little candy. Not a bad idea since it resulted in no tears or tantrums haha. I wish I would've gotten Evan on tape when it finally clicked for him. He was running all around the house saying "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for having a baby!!" Tim came up with the little riddle to get them involved in figuring out what we were telling them. I guessed that Joshua would guess the word first but didn't know that it would click for Caleb so fast.

The boys have been really interested in how the baby is growing & forming, how big it is each week, what it looks like & etc. They are constantly asking questions.

One of the topics that they have asked about is if the baby gets what I eat too since it's "in my belly". We told them in one way or another so I should try to eat mostly healthy.
One night while we were eating ice cream the boys brought it up (probably because it's not the healthiest of things - already looking out haha) and I said once and a while is okay as long as I'm not eating it every day. Evan chimes in and says "I fed the baby tuna!". I laughed because earlier that week, he asked to make lunch. He mixed up the tuna and mayo, added apples, put it on bread and even wrapped it up later so we both could eat some lunch together while we were out. And he knew at that point if I ate some, the baby would get some too.

I'm looking forward to more stories like those over the next few months. I'm honestly still in shock even though it's been about 3 weeks. I looked in the mirror last night and was thinking how I look the same still even though I definitely feel the symptoms of the first trimester. I forgot how crappy nausea was. Bleh.

But back to the videos :)
Enjoy!






No comments: