Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gentleness

“A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”- Proverbs 15:1

Gentleness
1. Considerate or kindly in disposition; amiable and tender.
2. Not harsh or severe; mild and soft: (a gentle scolding; a gentle tapping at the window.)
3. Easily managed or handled; docile: (a gentle horse)

Yesterday I was thinking on how I communicate with my kids. I'm constantly yelling at them. I realized that if I spoke the way I spoke to them to someone else (Husband, Mom, Siblings, Friends...etc.) I would feel HORRIBLE. So why is it ok to speak to my kids that way? 
It's not. I was reading the fruits of the spirit last night and Gentleness is one I ALWAYS forget. I know I have it deep down inside me. I really don't want to hurt anyone and I want to be tender and considerate. 

And I'm realizing after I looked up the definition of gentleness that it said easily managed...If I'm easily managed towards God then I will bloom in all my fruits of the spirit - especially gentleness. I started taking the Art of Hearing God last night. FINALLLLLLYYY!!!! : ) 
I'm looking forward to learning and growing as much as possible. I know it's not an 'easy' class. But it's definitely worth going through. And I love my teachers and classmates - that makes it even better!

No comments: