Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Bubbles!

I totally forgot to write about this. But it's something I will never forget. 

This past Sunday, in the middle of worship I began seeing the little kids in the front start blowing bubbles. My first reaction was "oh no, where did Caleb get that from, it's distracting, I'm going to get in trouble, I need to go back to the back" but when I turned around I saw that other people had them...and who was passing them out? Tom and Nadine. When Tom handled me my own I began to cry (to myself and not long) 

It broke something in me. It's OK to have fun during worship? Yea!!! It's ok to have freedom to laugh and smile? Yea! It's ok that the kids are having fun running and popping bubbles? Yea! It's ok to change things up Sunday mornings? Yea!! It's ok not to be so serious and stressed out during worship? Yes yes yes! 

That helped me so much, I feel much free-er. Even when Caleb started running down the hall without his underwear, I didn't get embarrassed. Of course I don't want him doing that. And granted I wasn't right there to handle it, Tim was. But still - My boys are definitely wild at heart. I don't have it all together. Never will. But I can continue to move towards freedom and love. And that will rub off on them in a positive way. Hey wasn't David undignified? 
I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Maybe I'll have the same attitude haha. 

Freeeeeeeeeeedom!!! (and Fun & Love!)
It's a great thing!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Jesus said, Let the little children come unto me, and forbid them not. hahaha I think the Lord would have laughed and enjoyed the bubbles and your "wild at heart" sons that day. Love you Candice <3 No more fear! Freeedomm!