Saturday, November 24, 2012

37 Weeks

37 Weeks -
I head to the hospital in 2 weeks :)

Baby's size: - Winter melon

Sleep: Still waking up to go to the bathroom and it feels more and more difficult getting out of bed (physically) The boys have been waking me up in the middle of the night for various reasons which is not usual around here nower days. Another way to prepare me I'm sure. Last night I had horrible indigestion that kept waking me up as well.

Mama's Growth: I'll update this right before I go to the hospital since my measurements and weight are still fluctuating.

Food cravings: Steak & Spinach - must be an iron thing

Symptoms I have: Some Braxton Hicks, nothing too strong or regular. This past weekend I had a huge cramp on the lower left side of my stomach like I had just had a huge lunch and then ran a mile. I took a warm shower and relaxed and it went away within 15-20 mins.

Doctor’s Appointments:

Dr. El Kady (MFM/GD/Non-Stress Test) -
Best news from that office ever was that the cord around Noelan's neck was resolved :) They had to take my blood pressure 3-4 times again but I really think the automatic machines they use at first aren't accurate for me - once they do it manually it's fine. I did my non-stress test and I was just about to go home and they had me stay longer because I had a contraction and his heart rate went down so they wanted to see another one to make sure it didn't happen every time. About 10-15 mins later they rechecked and everything was good. He's measuring about 6lbs 4oz more or less so he should be around 7.5 when he's born which is what my other boys averaged. They were concerned with the diabetes of him being too big so thankfully that is looking good too! Josh was 7.5lbs , Caleb was 8lbs and Evan was 6.14lbs.
My glucose numbers were on track so I'm staying on this dosage of insulin until the night before I'm induced

Next & LAST (woo hoo!) Appointment: 12/12
They had me scheduled to go in the morning of the 19th but I told them I'm getting induced that day & to cancel that appointment. I'm not going to spend 2 hours at the office when I'll be at the hospital later on for even longer. I want to make the most of the morning :)

Dr. Foehr -
Yesterday's Appointment: My test from last week came back normal which was good news. We talked about my blood pressure, protein and cord (I didn't know at that point that the cord wasn't an issue anymore) and he said that 1/3 of pregnancies end up with the cord around the babies neck and it shouldn't be an issue with my delivery. He said of course anything can happen during labor but a c-section isn't the first plan. We're keeping same date and plan of being induced at 3pm on the 19th at Southside hospital . He'll use something to soften the cervix for the first few hours and see how that works & then we'll go from there. I've been induced each pregnancy & he's delivered 2/3 of my boys so I'm comfortable with taking it step by step with him. I also asked if my low carb/high protein diet for the diabetes could play a role in the protein in my urine and he said that's a possibility.

Next Appointment 12/11

Movement: Even though it's uncomfortable at times it's also very reassuring that he moves so much especially in the evenings. I haven't had to really track the movements because he definitely moves a lot more than 10x in under an hour.

Gender: Baby Boyyyyy!!!

Names: Noelan Chase

What I’m looking forward to: Being done with the next few appointments I have (like Joshua's dentist and Caleb's parent teacher conference) hopefully no more finger pricks and insulin :) Annnnnnd Baby Noelan being home for Christmas!

What I miss: "Normal" Pregnancies

Events of the week: Tim & I went out last Friday to celebrate Erinn's birthday before she went back to Canada. Jay planned a surprise outing and it was like a quintuple (is that a word?) date. We had a good time out. Saturday was Lila's birthday party and it was so awesome to see how much fun all the kids had being knights and princesses! Family time is always a good time. Sunday Tim went to help Dan with a project for a couple of hours before coming home and crashing. He's been working so much lately that he's been exhausted by the time he gets home. But he didn't work late this Tuesday like last week so he was able to spend time at the young adult group we host at our house which was nice. I also got Tim's Christmas presents so I'm officially done Christmas shopping for my family and can sigh a deep sigh of relief knowing that Noelan can come at any time now and I don't have to think about rushing around or more wrapping :)


No comments: