Thursday, November 15, 2012

36 Weeks



36 Weeks -
3 more weeks until I head to the hospital!
I kept putting this post off so I could take my 36 week picture but I've been too tired so now there's 3 doctor updates in one post & I'll start updating every Wed instead of Tuesday. Except I'll prob write something quickly the day before I go in for induction on Wednesday the 19th

Baby's size: - Honeydew

Sleep: It's getting more difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in & I'm waking up at least twice a night for different reasons. I feel so tired all the time.

Mama's Growth: I'll update this right before I go to the hospital since my measurements and weight are still fluctuating. (My weight stayed the same as my last doctor's visit)

Food cravings: I want more yummy Thanksgiving food!!

Symptoms I have: same as last week...back, pelvic and sleep

Doctor’s Appointments:

Dr. El Kady (MFM/GD/Non-Stress Test) -
Last Wednesday my blood pressure was high, they had to check it 3 times before it came down a little so they're going to keep an eye on that as well as my glucose numbers. I had to do a 24 hour urine test and some more bloodwork to make sure I don't have (or am developing) pregnancy induced hypertension. I had high blood pressure with Joshua at the end of my pregnancy and that's why I had to be induced with him. Dr El Kady agreed with Dr. Foehr's recommendation to be induced at 39 weeks. Noelan weighed around 5 lbs. 9 oz. as of last Wed and she said it's a little bit on the bigger size of where they want him right now but if we can maintain my blood sugars then it shouldn't be too bad by the time 39 weeks comes. If more complications rise they may have to get him out before then but hopefully it will be fine. She increased my insulin dosage a little so hopefully that will help with the babies weight gain & my glucose levels to stay down overnight to avoid any complications. My numbers were still completely fine during the day. When I had my non-stress test, I had a couple of contractions and there was one big & long one. Dr. El Kady asked if I felt it (which I did) and if I get those regularly (which I don't)
Yesterday's Appointment: Again I did my weekly non-stress test & that went pretty quickly because he was moving and got the hiccups so there was lots of button pushing. After, Dr El Kady wasn't in so I had the other doctor in their office follow up with my sonogram to check the fluid and status of the baby. No weight or measurements this week, that will be done next week. She asked if i do my movement counts at home and I said no because he moves all the time. She told me that the cord was wrapped loosely around the baby's neck so to just pay attention and if there's less or no movement to call the doctor right away. I asked if that had the possibility to move the induction date up and she said we'll check everything again next week and of course if the baby is in danger they would get him out right away. But right now it's still loose. She then told me that my 24 urine test showed there was protein in it which isn't a good sign for the hypertension but because my blood pressure was good that day there wasn't anything to worry about right now. She told me if I feel any nausea, headaches, pain in my rib area, swelling in my ankles to call the doctor for that as well because those symptoms are associated with pre-eclampsia and they would need to get the baby out right away. My fasting levels were still higher than they wanted but they told be after the fact that it was most likely because I haven't been feeling good & I should've been taken more during those nights. She told me to raise my insulin before bed to 10 units and if and when I see my numbers it back down to around 70 in the morning to lower my insulin intake. After I left the office I went into the parking lot and called Tim. I vented and cried because I was tired of hearing bad news and things that I have to pay attention to for the safety of the baby. I told Tim that I'm not afraid of Noelan not making it or something terrible happening, I'm just tired of dealing with everything and I'm done being pregnant. I told him I still thought it was important to pray even though I believe things will be okay and he agreed. He is such a good husband and friend. He listened and asked if there was anything he could do. I let him know I just needed to get it out and process my emotions and his listening was exactly what I needed and I felt much better throughout the day. (& I know praying family & friends really helped with the amount of peace I felt the rest of the day too) So thank you & continue to pray if you think of me :)

Dr. Foehr - Today's Appointment went fine as usual. I talked to him about my blood pressure and how Dr. El Kady had me take the 24 hour test to follow through. He checked my blood pressure and said it was completely fine, not even borderline. (One less stress) I'm thinking maybe it's just that other doctor's office that causes issues for me haha. He did the Group Strep B test to make sure if needed, I get on antibiotics before I deliver. I'm sure if there's issues I'll get a call before next week's appointment. He also checked my cervix and said I was still completely closed, long and thick. Hopefully it will start getting ready & changing the next few weeks but the good thing is that this is the last week before Noelan is considered full term and I didn't want him coming before he was fully developed :)
Next Appointment: 12/4

Movement: All the time

Gender: Baby BOY!!! :)

Names: Noelan Chase

What I’m looking forward to: Baby Noelan!! Finishing Christmas Shopping and wrapping everything up as soon as possible so I have less stress and stuff to do as a sleep deprived mama with a newborn :)
Eeeee!! Noelan will be here to celebrate Christmas with us!!!!! :)

What I miss: Friends and Family that aren't local or I don't see often especially during the holiday season!

Events of the week: Thanksgiving was very mellow. I made a cheesecake the night before and mashed potatoes the day of and we brought it over to my parents' house w/ Dan & Daniela. My aunt Ter joined us and we ate around 4pm. Joey & Patti stopped by at the very end so it was nice to visit with them too. we were all so tired by then. I think everyone around 10-10:30 and we went to sleep shortly after getting home. The next evening was Jay & Erin's engagement celebration. It was great spending time with everyone and seeing people I haven't seen in a while. I don't love dancing but I DO love watching people dance and this was a great group to watch dance. It was great & I had a really good time. Pregnancy is definitely wearing on me though because I was so tired by the time we left when I normally could stay up way later. Saturday we spent the day Christmas Decorating in between the boys bickering haha But overall it was a good day and we finished relaxing together. Pete stopped by to look at Tim's PS3 because he's been having issues with the games loading for a while now. Sunday was a mellow day. I was so tired and thought I'd be able to take a nap but I only laid down a few times with no luck. Monday I went to Quest Laboratories to finish my testing for the hypertension and I tried to find something Caleb wanted for Christmas but was unsuccessful. I also looked into what I want to get Tim for Christmas and started researching & pricing around before the kids got home from school. One of the things I'm looking forward to this year is that we told the boys we're keeping it simple this year like we used to do. It's much easier to prep and they're a lot more grateful for what they do get. I'm even pretty much done wrapping their gifts! (Still looking for the last thing for Caleb & Tim though) I wonder how Christmas will be with Noelan here :) The boys are so happy and excited that he will be here to celebrate with us and so am I!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Soon and very soon, you will be holding baby Noelan tenderly in your arms. It will be worth the wait and all the trying times. Joyeux Noel to the Fowlers: Tim, Candice, Joshua, Caleb, Evan, and the newest gift from God, Noelan Chase. Can't wait to meet him, hold him, and love him. Praying for all of you. Love, Mama Donna