Thursday, June 21, 2012

13 Weeks

13 week ultrasound



Baby's size: Peach

Sleep: Waking up multiple times to go to the bathroom and because of it I remember the crazy and tiring dreams I'm still having. No gruesome ones this week Thank God! 

Mama's Growth: I lost weight because I was sick in the beginning of the week but I gained it right back this weekend with all the Father's Day celebrating and cooking I did. 

Food of the week: Hmmm my favorite was the mashed potatoes I made with our seafood dinner Saturday night. They were so smooth and delicious! 

Food aversions: I started eating dairy again, it's hard to stay away because I like it so much but I still think it's not been agreeing with me. 

Symptoms I have: Nausea, Tiredness...

Doctor’s Appointment: I had my ultrasound this morning at Good Samaritan. I got there before 10am which was when my appointment was. I filled out paperwork and then waited in the waiting room. I got called in and they checked my weight and blood pressure, asked a bunch of questions about my medical history and then I did a finger prick for the first set of blood tests here. I was then called into the ultrasound room and the technician took a bunch of pictures and measurements for the doctor to look through. Evan was so patient and well behaved. He asked a bunch of questions while he looked at the monitor which showed the baby. I was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time and that made so so happy too. The technician said I could empty my bladder after she was done and when I got back she realized she never gave me a print out to take home. She tried for about 5 mins to get a good picture for us but told me the baby was now standing straight up and it was hard to get a shot. She scrolled through the ones she had already taken and gave one set to me and another set to Evan so he could have his own. He was excited. They weren't the best sonogram pictures that I've ever gotten but they definitely show that there's a baby in there! 

Next doctor appointment is this Thursday June 21
Next sono is Wed July 18th at 8am

Movement: Not yet

Belly Button: Innie

Gender: Will find out 100% at my next sono appointment right in time for my family reunion!

Names: Noelan or Lily

What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the gender, the craziness of the end of school to be over and enjoying the Summer with my boys. 

What I miss: Nothing this week

Thoughts of the week: We had a really nice Father's Day weekend with Tim. We spent the majority of it outside enjoying the weather. I cooked some of his favorite things this weekend and he really really enjoyed it all. That always makes me happy. 

I was feeling horribly sick at the beginning of the week and I'm so thankful it's passed. I need strength and energy with all the appointments and activities this week is full of. It's going to be non-stop until next Monday and I'm sure my calendar will fill right back up. I already have 2 appointments for next week. 

No comments: