Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Top 10 Events of 2012

There's no order and because I kept putting this off for so long and want to get it over with it won't be the best written reflection of the year.

1. One of the most life changing events for us as a family which took up the majority of the year was finding out I was pregnant (on the day I was going to get my IUD out)
This pregnancy had the most complications being diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and having to inject insulin before bed to keep my glucose levels down. But through it all came a beautiful addition to our family and we all love him so much!
We're a family of 6!!

2. The Voice - Very very few people know that I went to audition with my mom and J9 for the show, the voice in NYC. I had no expectations and really went to support J9 but got an experience through it all. It was a long cold wait leading up to a nerve wracking audition and I can honestly say that there were a lot of singers who were much worse than me haha. The cool thing was that I was able to sing with my mom which took the edge off but we still forgot the lyrics! I wouldn't do it again but I'm still happy that I took a risk and added another life experience.

3. Family Reunion - We had our semi-annual Farrell Family Reunion at Hoyt Farm over the Summer. I always love being able to spend time with my family, especially the ones who live so far. I hope we do it again soon!

4. Sandy Tragedies - Hurricane Sandy caused so many to lose power, have major damage to their property and even the loss of homes and family members.

5. Tom & Nadine Moving - I had a feeling this would happen because

6. Church Changes - More people left The Bridge, we moved to a place in Babylon and then merged with The Mosaic.

7. Florida/North Carolina Road Trip - Our first family road trip that was't NH. We were able to visit my cousins in NC and see my grandma, aunts & uncles inFL and Lindsay! Tricia was also on vacation there so it was a mini reunion. The boys had fun with their cousins. They did very well for being in the truck for hours ad hours at a time. It's something I hope we do more of.

8. Decade of Marriage - We went to a bed & breakfast a couple of hours North in NY.

9. Pilot - We traded our van for our parent's pilot. It's helped up be able to go on  lot more road trips and not stress about it breaking down at any moment.

10. Piano lessons - Caleb started piano lessons which I'm so happy he's doing because Tim & I can only teach him so much since our knowledge is limited.

No comments: