Monday, March 28, 2011

Ocean's Tide




I updated my status with something Tim said and the more we talked about it, the more I wanted to remember it so here I am briefly writing it out so I can look back on it.

I was reading Tim a post that Ginnie wrote that said "I think the tide is turning...new season around the bend of the shoreline"
That made Tim try to figure out which tide we were in now (don't ask me why) and he decided we're in low tide...less water. But he made the point that high tide was next.
I know most of you reading this are like "what - the - heck...are you talking about?"
& to be honest even reading this back I don't even know sometimes :)

He then made this statement that made me think and understand more of what he was trying to process out loud. He said, "I don't want to be a lake, still water. I want to be like the ocean..." He began to describe how most lakes are just still and dirty/murky, and the only new water they get is from the rain and even that just goes into the old stale water. He added that ocean water keeps moving and has lots of salt (which I don't know what that means haha) He also compared it to the church and having the waves come in and out just like people should.

I like when Tim processes out loud.
It gets me thinking about different things & makes me think in different ways.
I like word pictures and I think this particular one I will remember for a while. I can probably even apply it to different areas of my life down the road.

So yea now I'm thinking about roads and what that can mean metaphorically and my head hurts so I'm going to go to bed :)

P.S. Tim gave me the okay to blog about his out loud processing & even helped me pick out pictures to help illustrate this post.

Ew, yuck. Who wants to swim here?


Muuuuuuuch Better!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

Great analogy and the pictures really bring home. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Donna L. Fowler Wise man, that Timothy. ♥ him and you
March 29 at 1:07am · Like

Ginnie Grupinski couldn't post on your blog page...I think Tim's reference to the ocean being salty is that WE are supposed to be salt...the seasoning that brings life to food,. Jesus said that we are the salt of the earth. I would rather be the ocean too. salty, high and low tides, which also made tide pools full of life that we can see.....
March 29 at 8:44am · Like

Ginnie Grupinski oooopppsss....Maggie is helping me type....and the ocean is always changing; I like change. thanks for the post, Candice . I really like it!
March 29 at 8:47am · Like