Friday, March 18, 2011

Time to Prioritize


There never seems to be enough time in the day and days in the week lately. I have a lot going on and a lot more I would like to do. I think it's time to step back, look at what my responsibilities are, my roles, the time I spend doing things and what priority do they have right now and where they should be.

Something that I've been slacking on is cleaning (surprise surprise) Routines are hard for me to follow through even when I set 5 alarms on my phone (no exaggeration) throughout the day that are labeled 'Laundry' - My intentions were to wash when I heard the first alarm, dry when I heard the second alarm...etc. etc. etc. I'm good at just shutting the alarm off and just continue doing what I'm doing at the time. Some days I just do it and it's great but most times I just don't. What's so hard about following through? I have no idea but I frustrate myself.
What I do know is I spend lots of time with Tim & the boys and that's something I'm happy about.
They are high on my "priority list" and that's where they'll stay.

These are some of the questions I'll be asking myself the next week or two so I'll share and then maybe whoever reads this can share their answers as I think of mine.

What are your responsibilities?
What is your role in each responsibility?
Are there things in your life you would like to spend less time doing?
Are there things in your life you would like to spend more time doing?
Are there things you can change to free up more time towards something else?

And while you're at it - How do you follow through on things that you don't really want to do but HAVE to do (like laundry haha)
I know some people are wired to "just do it"
I am not so an answer like that will not help here :)

2 comments:

Nadine said...

When you are so busy it's hard to focus on the tasks on hand. It's hard to keep a schedule when so many things want your attention.

You are an amazing woman.

MamaBearMary said...

I wish I had some helpful advice but I don't because I'm really bad at this too. I clean when I know I have to. I have never had a schedule and don't really want to, perhaps it would be helpful though.. I know Money Saving Mom has a simple way to keep up with it, take a look:
http://moneysavingmom.com/downloads/household-management-forms