Monday, October 12, 2009

Some good advice...

I've been stressing out on and off with trying to figure out which direction on what the next step of our lives are...
Is it simple? Is it major? Are we going to change jobs? Which job field is the right one? Are we supposed to move in the near future?
And I feel like I'm not getting any REAL answers.

I came across this (and looked up different translations)
So I will trust that in the midst of all the talk and planning...God's perfect plan(s) WILL come through in the end.


“Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”- Proverbs 19:20-21

20 Take good counsel and accept correction—
that's the way to live wisely and well.

21 We humans keep brainstorming options and plans,
but God's purpose prevails.

20 Get all the advice and instruction you can,
so you will be wise the rest of your life.

21 You can make many plans,
but the Lord’s purpose will prevail.

1 comment:

JEWELIA said...

I thought of this..

Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.

For me sometimes what will happen I will be taken on a bunny trail of trying to figure things out, I start to strive and focus on my problem..

I keep reminding myself "What we focus on we make room for" I can get focused on things that worry me so easily.

This is a signal to stop and get back focused on Jesus, even it it means talking to him about why I am anxious. I have to do it on purpose (not always easy) Usually takes time and effort.

The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord... So Lord order Tim and Candice's steps. Draw them close to you. Keep them by your power and give them peace as they seek to do your will..Thanks Jesus