Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Hope is in You

I typed in the word 'trust' on www.biblegateway.com
And began skimming thorough the verses that showed up.
As soon as I saw this one, I began humming a Third Day song in my head...

Psalm 25:2

in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.

So naturally I found the chords of the song, pulled out the guitar and found the key that is comfortable for me and : )

Here's the Lyrics
(chords are simple too, just back and forth between the two of them...
C,F or D,G or E,A, or FB etc. etc etc
And where the * is it's a Am, or Bm, or Cm...you get the point)

To you, O Lord, I lift my soul
In you, O God, I place my trust
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me

My hope is in you
Show me your ways
Guide me in Truth*
In all my days
My hope is in you

I am, O Lord, filled with your love
You are, O God, my salvation
Guard my life and rescue me
My broken spirit shouts
My mended heart cries out...

What a great song to be reminded of at such an appropriate time.
My Hope is in Him.


2 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful, Candice. I'm so happy for you. Keep singing and ushering in His presence. Love you lots. =)

JEWELIA said...

A beautiful Psalm..