Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Out of control and holding grudges

Yesterday Tim got hurt on the job. He went to lift a generator and felt something pop...He's been in a lot of pain and can't walk too well since...
This morning I drove him to his shop because he didn't think he'd be able to drive safely. A few months ago he got a ticket on his way to a job he was doing. He was driving the work truck on a non-commercial street and didn't know. He was just following the way the boss mapped it out for him. The first court date they told him that he didn't have to go and they would take care of it. But the judge wasn't happy about that because Tim was the driver and rescheduled it for this morning. But when Tim went in this morning she asked for proof that he was going to a job and the company never gave him any. I think he thought he would just be paying the fine. So it's rescheduled AGAIN for March and if they don't have proof or if it was more then 3 blocks away from the job, he gets 2 points on his license and fined about $300. Ughh. I really hope this all gets worked out. Our insurance just started going down more and the points from a few years ago will be off next day. I was looking forward to a clean slate.

Before we went to the DMV, Tim talked to one of his bosses and asked him about workman's comp. He asked how it affected the company. His boss said that they would have to pay a lot. Tim told him that he wasn't looking to 'screw' the company over. And suggested that he get paid directly for the time he has to take off. His boss said he had to talk to a few people but hinted that they were going to have Tim stay home anyway because they don't have much work for him...(which means no $$ for Tim)

Which is another thing I've been upset about. Last week, they sent him home early because work is slow and the next day, they told him not to come in. But Tim gets paid for the hours he works...no work = no $$ = no paid bills... etc.

I feel like it's time for a new job. But I don't know where to begin to help looking. Tim said he may not want to do physical stuff now because of what's happened to his body but that's what he was trained in and has done for the last 8 years...

I need direction, guidance, provision, help...
and I neeeeeed to let go of my anger, frustrations and annoyance of Tim's current job and the way they've treated Tim...

God Help Me.




3 comments:

MamaBearMary said...

Ack! How frustrating!!

God WILL help you both, if a new job is needed I'm sure God is already laying it out.

Thinking about you guys.

JonnyJandLauraLee said...

I know it's easier to talk then walk but NOTHING is too big for God. Tim has been wanting to change his job for a while now, this seems like an opportunity in disguise. You guys are in an enormous amount of prayer and God has an ENORMOUS amount of love for your family.
Don't worry about your insurance and forget Allstate, your in good hands with God:)

Love you guys so much

-J

Unknown said...

Thanks Guys,
I know everything will be a-ok in my head...
It always is. I just keep letting the stress in a little at a time and then it comes in like a flood.

I've been feeling like transition was just around the corner...I just don't like being forced into it...it seems like we always are. I think there's a better way. Maybe we'll finally learn for next time?

Who knows.... oh! I know who does ; )
I'm super thankful for the support and love that surrounds us and I appreciate all the prayers mucho! Can't wait to write a blog on the other side of this : )