Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bus Driver Dream & Homeschooling



Something has been stirring inside of me for quite some time and I keep pushing it down because "I have too much to do" I've missed writing and tonight I thought I was just going to push through and write about something from a few weeks ago - but as I signed on here, I realized I had multiple accounts that I didn't even remember creating. One was for daily life, the ins and outs and mostly boring accounts of what was going on haha. Another was a weight loss journal...that only had 2 posts in ha again & the last, besides this one, was a dream journal.

I know God can and does speak through dreams. He did in the bible and still does today. I've been on and off journaling my dreams before I even thought about that aspect. Some dreams I knew what the meaning was right away and why I had them - other dreams just felt weird and confusing. A huge part of Tim and I reconnecting and getting married about 13 years ago was because of a dream...actually a couple and I am so thankful for that. I don't even want to imagine life without him in it.

Anyways...I was skimming though a few of the dreams I had and I came across one about being a bus driver on 4/1/10 [three years before I started homeschooling] This is the dream (errors and all because most of the time I was still half sleeping): "I got a job as a school bus driver. One of the times I went to start I was 3 hours late. I got yelled at by a woman boss. Another rime I forgot that Caleb wouldn't have anyone to pick him up and he was stranded alone. I didn't know how I wa going to combine the two things: motherhood and school bus driving. Tim worked with me to figure out a schedule. He helped me buckle the boys on the bus so I could start my route on time. The more the dream went on the smoother eveything was and the more favor with the bu company I had.
The woman boss was telling me about her relationhips by a staircase.

I know people can (& probably will) roll their eyes and say dreams are just dreams, they don't mean anything or you can make anything mean what you want them to mean - but when I just re-read this I couldn't help think about how I'm homeschooling now and that I'm in charge of getting my boys to get their education. I'm in that driver's seat. I still don't know what the whole dream means but I can definitely relate to the line "I didn't know how I wa going to combine the two things: motherhood and school bus driving" Sometimes I still don't. I feel comforted though that I had this dream 3 YEARS before I even started homeschooling. I can rest in the fact that He is aware and wants me to know that He knows things before they even happen & I can trust & rely on Him. He's always faithful and always good. & on my really really bad homeschooling days, I'll have to remind myself of this part of the dream: "The more the dream went on the smoother everything was" I'm still learning the ins and outs of this homeschool thing. I always thought we started because of our crappy district, horrible experiences with the teacher and staff...not to mention some of the injustices we dealt with over the years - but now I can truly say that I'm confident in our desicion because I believe God was & is in this for *our family too.

*I know this isn't for everyone & this is in no way a post about how I think this is the only right way

2 comments:

MamaBearMary said...

This is great! Love it. What a good word you can fall back on, God is so sweet.

Donna said...

Good dream, Candice. The bus represents your ministry or life. You are certainly driving the bus and ministering to all of your boys. You are combining all your ministries together and learning as you "drive." God has given you the ability to teach the boys, be a wife and mother, as well as everything else it takes to be a homemaker. You have been called to all of this and are doing an amazing job (even on those days when things go bonkers. I love you and am so happy you had this encouraging dream to remind you (3 years before starting) that you are on the right path for your family. Tim and the boys are blessed by you every day.