Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Time stand still


I'm such an emotional mess right now as I think about Evan's 6th birthday coming up on Thursday. He was my baby baby for a long time and now he's a sweet compassionate loving older brother. There's so many times where I wanted time to speed up like the movie 'Click' but I'm really really feeling how quickly time flies and I'm wanting to hit the pause button now.

I'm so proud of my boys and all the milestones they've made over the years. They're amazing and I love them so much. I don't want any of them to get any older than they are right now haha  but I know that's part of life. They're going to hit even more milestones over the next years. There's going to be lots more firsts to come and I'm going to enjoy that process as well. 

But I do miss Joshua's cute funny face when he was about 9-10 months old and would try to make us laugh. I miss little Caleb singing the ABCs and then ending it in his hardcore yell with his tiny voice when he was a couple of years old. I miss early mornings when Josh and Caleb went to school and Evan would snuggle me on the couch. I miss Joshua asking my parents "Got sumpin to eat?" After sliding down the stairs on his belly. I miss watching Caleb's eyes light up when he would watch his daddy play basketball and knowing he wanted to join in even though he couldn't walk yet. I miss Evan's big gummy smile along his big blue eyes that still melt me to this day. And I'm already missing Noelan's super tiny fingers and toes and the funny sound he made when he breathed when he was a few months old. I miss all of the first smirks, first giggles, first rolls, first messy baby food faces, first crawls... 

I know Noelan is still a baby but I see how big he's getting so fast. & I'm so proud of him already! 4 more months and my baby is 1 already. What?!? There's no more newborns here anymore :(  

But I don't want to get ahead of myself. I want to savor each moment, each kiss, each snuggle, each "I love you" as they happen with each one of my boys (including Tim) I am incredibly thankful for my family. I love them so much. I'm going to pause my thinking ahead, wipe my tears away from the missed memories and really really take in where I'm at... My heart is full - Life is Good. 

No comments: