Thursday, July 9, 2009

Spirit Led

Ephesians 3:20-21 (New International Version)

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

We just talked about the Kingdom of Heaven last night and how when it's here on Earth, God's power can do so much! Now whenever I see a peach, I will think about how I don't just want to look at it and know what it is and the potential. I do want to be able to bite into it. Experience the fullness of it. I want to plant the pit and spread more 'peach trees' to bare more fruit. It was a great analogy and it really got me excited and opened up my mind. I know there's so much more out there. I know God is capable and able to do some awesome things.

Someone there added that when God uses you to do awesome things - you really experience God's power and might and just His awesomeness. They said we all know our weaknesses and how we're not worthy. And how it's different when you see others praying for someone and them getting healed or blessed because you can begin to think that they have it all together.

I know I definitely don't have it all together, but I know God can and will use me if I just ask Him to and be open to the move of His Spirit.

I kept hearing the song "Wait on the Lord"...

"Wait on the Lord Oh my Soul, Wait on the Lord Oh my soul, Wait on the Lord oh my soul, Be Strong and Take Heart, Be Strong and Wait Upon the Lord...He is beautiful and good, he's the lover of all men, he has rescued us before, He will resuce us again, He is faithful and true, He is loving and just. Surely He will deliver* us. (*set free, emancipate, release, liberate, release, relief from a thing, riddance of it)

♫ I will wait on You, I will wait on You...I'm gonna wait. ♫

I want to be Spirit led in every day life. I want to see where God wants me to go, what he wants me to do. It goes hand in hand on what I'm learning on Tuesday and "The Art of Hearing God" I want to hear Him more. So I have to wait and practice. And I know if I do, things will chance...and I'll be liberated.





No comments: