Friday, July 17, 2009

Desires of my Heart

Psalm 37:4 (New International Version)

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Do what the LORD wants, and he will give you your heart's desire.

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.


delight: To take great pleasure or joy

desire: A wish or longing, A request or petition.

longing: A strong persistent yearning or desire, especially one that cannot be fulfilled

yearning: A strong wanting of what promises enjoyment or pleasure

petition: A solemn supplication or request to a superior authority

supplication: An earnest or urgent request, The act of praying

earnest: With a purposeful or sincere intent, Serious; determined

sincere: Not feigned or affected; genuine:

feigned: Made-up


I've been praying for God to make a way so that me and Tim can take the trip to NH and MA that we planned months ago. $$ is looking like it's not there right now. I know God is more then able to do whatever he wants. He can provide and do miracles. We've been on the receiving end of that so many times. He is a loving and providing Father. But lately I'm feeling guilty for praying for something so "shallow". I know there's more 'important' things to pray for: like my family (immediate and extended) - praying for the youth, praying to break bondage and strong-holds, pray against the religious spirit, pray for freedom, and overall just God's will for my life and those around me. And I just find myself praying for God to make a way to go to NH and MA first? I keep thinking of the scripture I listed above. and I know that's true. But I don't want to twist it to apply it to my life so I feel like God should answer my prayers in this area. I know there are things that He answers "No" to. And I do understand that, even if there's major disappointment.

So God, There's 2 more weeks for my prayer to be answered. And I'm gonna keep asking and asking and asking. And I know you Love me no matter what the outcome is. Please give me wisdom and give me the ears to hear your voice. I love you.