Thursday, January 14, 2016

Double Days



I doubled up the boys' school work this week to see if we could get a little ahead of schedule. (Especially if I am able to try and make it down to visit FL in the near future) Although it's been a little overwhelming at times, they're getting it done and learning how to use time management, prioritize and organize. It's also helping me break out of the mentality that everything had to be done by a specific time in the day - every day. We're all learning and being stretched in the process and I think it was a good thing for us. I'm second guessing trying to do it like this throughout the winter though...although the older boys loved thinking about the fact that if they did things like this regularly, they could be done by April and make the most of the beautiful weather. 
Maybe we'll do every other week a double week...I do like the flexibility of homeschooling and am thankful for this season I am in with my boys. I know it is going to fly by and I'm going to have a whole different season as I really start to teach the little ones. 

No comments: