Friday, December 17, 2010

My first cheesecake attempt

I've been married to a cheesecake lover for 8 years. And I've never made a real cheesecake because I didn't have a springform pan. Well that has changed because I got an early Christmas gift (which will benefit my love for cooking and Tim's love for cheesecake) So here is the recipe I'm going to try for my first homemade cheesecake. It's an adaptation of a recipe from Emeril that I got from Nadine. If I change things over time I'll update it. Yay for making food that my husband loves :)



Rustic Cheesecake


Prep Time:
20 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
1 hr 30 min
Level:
--
Serves:
12 to 16 servings

Ingredients

  • 2 cups ground vanilla (or chocolate) wafers
  • 1/2 stick butter, melted
  • 3 pounds cream cheese, cubed and room temperature
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine the ground wafers and melted butter, together. Mix well. Press the crust on the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree the cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 cups of sugar and process until incorporated. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time. Add the cream, flour, salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla, mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the processor. Process until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter over the crust. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is firm. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack. Serve either at room temperature or chilled.

No comments: