Monday, October 4, 2010

What will tomorrow bring?


Proverbs 27

You Don't Know Tomorrow
1 Don't brashly announce what you're going to do tomorrow; you don't know the first thing about tomorrow.

1 Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring.


A lesson learned first hand. We all had plans that day. I was heading to a friends house after church with Sarah and we were going to have a great day hanging out and eating and spending time together.

But that's not what happened.

My mom had a heart attack. Thankfully she caught it right away and rushed to the hospital with my dad and Sarah.
It was the most stressful thing not knowing what was going on and what to do to help. I went from thinking of hanging out to worrying about my mom in a split second. Nothing else mattered. I wanted my mom to be ok...and I knew she wasn't. Deep down I knew that it wasn't time for her to die but that didn't keep me from breaking down at the thought of "what if". But I also laughed while I cried because I thought "well my mom won't have to go to work right now" Because I knew it was stressing her out.
It was a life changing event.

I started this post the day after she had the heart attack and I'm now finishing it over 2 months later and a few days before she has to go back into surgery because there's been more tingling and numbness and they're trying to prevent her from going through that again.

This is just a reminder to myself to just take in every moment.
I have no idea what's around the corner. The good the bad...it's all a mystery.
And it can be scary.

I feel so bad for the pressure she feels and carries. The fears from having a heart attack and not knowing if and when it will happen again.

God help her. Help me and my whole family who has been effected by this event. And help us to just soak in the good moments of life, cherish our friends and family and keep us strong through the hard times.



No comments: