Thursday, May 6, 2010

I want to be pursued, chased and captured by You



Lately I feel like God is wooing me. I've always heard "read the bible, pray, have quiet time and you'll get closer to God" And although I know all these things are true, I've been feeling so tired. Tired from daily life and tired of pursuing people. I've been asking God to start pursuing me (I don't know if that's selfish of me, cause He gave His life and all haha) & I feel like I'm just noticing that He has been. This week I was reminded of a wedding video I saw on youtube months ago. The whole wedding is beautiful and an illustration of the joy and pure intamacy of a relationship. There's a song in the background while they're washing eachother's feet and it's just beautiful.

The beginning is:
"Oh let me tell you, let me tell you I am lovesick

No other love is destined for my heart

So come on! Ravish my heart oh God,

Ravish my heart oh God... (I need you to)"


Another part that resonates so deeply is:
"I want to be pursued, chased and captured by You" ♥

Here's the myspace where you can listen to the whole song
(Captured By You/Lovesick Live & Captured By You")

http://www.myspace.com/rebekahfancher


And here's the wedding video:

2 comments:

Donna said...

This is good, Candice. He is wooing and will win your heart. He's the lover of your soul and knows just what you need. So glad that you hear Him calling and you are answering. Have a super day today. It's a gift, and so are you. Love, Donna
PS That wedding video was amazing. Made me weep tears of joy.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* sam and jess <3 - erinn