Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Road Trip


After debating back and forth with myself, I finally agreed to head down to Texas with my dad and all three boys Thursday morning! I don’t think it’s fully hit me yet. It’ll be a long trip because we’re driving there. I forget already where we’re stopping but I’ll be sure to take note (and LOTS of pictures!!) I keep telling myself it’ll be fine. My dad is so happy and excited. The boys are really looking forward to it as well.
My favorite part of the whole trip is that I get to see family & friends that I hardly ever get to see. We’re going to Florida after Texas and then heading back up to North Carolina on the way home. Those are the parts I keep focusing on and that excites me.

I know I’ll need lots of patience and grace so like I’ve told a few people, I’m welcoming all the thoughts and prayers that are directed my way!

It’ll be about a week and a half and I’m going to really miss Tim. We’ve been spending as much time together as possible and enjoying every minute of it...even when I fall asleep on the couch while he watches football haha!

My bags are all packed (besides the little odds and ends like toothbrushes), the bills are up to date, the fridge and cabinets are fully stocked for Tim so I think I’m all set. There’s ALWAYS things that can be done before hand. I must have straightened up the kitchen and living room 5 times today, no exaggeration.

I just have to get through this day that started last night...I still haven’t fell asleep and it’s 4:11 in the morning. Candice, Candice, Candice... (but creating and blogging is so fun!)
So technically we leave tomorrow morning!

oh boy - it’s time. goodnight - or good morning.

Soon I'll be spending over 4,000 miles/63+hrs in the car...
Let's see how accurate mapquest is.

2 comments:

Cindy Campbell said...

Candice- Enjoy your trip- It will be so great for the boys and you to bond with your Dad!

Mike Zizolfo said...

not sure if you need a place to camp out, or even just get a quick rest stop in, but we're not too far off 95!